My four-year-old MacBook Pro has reach the end of its charge count and the battery is weakening. It is currently in the Apple Mac hospital for a replacement battery. In order that I can maintain mental (technical) sanity I dusted off an older iPad until the MacBook returns. Below are things I have learned.
.. using a finger as my mouse is less than efficient and slow
.. using dictation versus a finger-tapping words has been effective ‘typing’ option
.. I will expand dictation use on the laptop and phone
.. navigation and editing on the iPad is very different then on the MacBook laptop
.. the iPad would be more efficient with a mouse (now available with the new iPad OS)
.. it seems my head/neck is bent over quite a bit to view the screen
.. using Lightroom Mobile for editing photos is limited and slow
.. having non-critical documents in Google Drive, Zoho and Dropbox was useful
.. a USB with a lightning dongle may offer added file access (to confirm)
.. leveraging cloud-connected apps (Zoho, Pocket, Evernote, Apple apps, etc.) a plus
.. Bottom Line - for me and my use, an iPad still is not a laptop replacement
No comments:
Post a Comment