Dec 31, 2019

What I Learned This Month

Things I learned, searched or looked up that I want to recall or share ...
.. An open bottle of apple cider vinegar does not have to be refrigerated
.. Routinely lubricating garage door rollers improves rolling and reduces noise
.. Marbaka GPS is a good option for auto GPS at 1/2 the cost of a Garmin
.. A Kindle (10") Tablet may be an option to an iPad for 1/3 the cost 
.. A 'fast food' meal at Popeye's ain't bad (chicken, red beans, rice, biscuits)
.. Consider adding the Amazon Prime app to mobile devices for music access
.. An ATM recently became a Taco food stand in Dunedin 
.. BJ's has public access to their liquor store - no membership required
.. A single image 'may' be appropriate for HDR versus 3 merged images 
.. Miami (photo road trip) has the WORST drivers in the world (esp. Little Havana)
.. Gasoline called 'top tier' has improved fuel system detergents 
.. and 'top tier' providers include named brands by Shell, BP, Exxon, etc.
.. Amazon is NOT always the least cost source for everything
.. Tip: to remove hard water spots on glass windows use 50/50 (water and CLR)
.. An email inbox is NOT for to-do's - it's a decision point: Do-Move/File-Delete
.. I.e. means 'in essence' (you're clarifying); while E.g., means 'for example' 
.. etc. mean 'and so on' usually at the end of a sentence
.. Spreadsheet shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Plus inserts a row ... may work for Excel too
.. Seach Wikipedia (movie + episodes) results show movie episode summaries 
.. Our grandkids have newer iPhones than we do
.. Vacuuming a refrigerator's rear compartment is needed every 3 months
.. Amazon Prime offers free tons of tutorials via 'search' (for members)
.. Microsoft ToDo a simple, easy Reminder app (and Desktop and Web)
.. I have had 20 personal data breaches - so I am installing Jumbo
.. There is something called a key-lime pie shake - delicious 
.. It's great to stay in touch with friends - local and distant and digital

No comments: