Oct 28, 2011

Privacy Policies - Do Not Ignore

For the fun of it, I decided NOT to delete an email from my credit card company and actually read the email notice they said they sent. I did check first to be sure it was actually from my credit card company and then I proceeded to access the notice. Wow, I found some good information! The privacy notice actually provided great information - let me share it. First they identified the information that they have access to ... SS #, etc. Next they indicated what data they share internally and to their affiliates. And thirdly, they identified which data I can and cannot limit sharing. OK, now I know what they have on me ... but with a two minute call to a telephone number they provided, I was able to STOP sharing of personal information in 4 areas that would have normally allowed them and their affiliates to send me emails and US Mail for marketing purposes. A small step the Credit Card Company - a Giant Step for Reducing Junk Mail! - Bottom Line check Privacy Policy Notices and references.

No comments: