One of the first couple books I became interested in when I started working in the corporate world were Your Money or Your Life and The Millionaire Next Door. (short summaries provided). Bottom Line is 'Live beneath Your Means' and 'Pay Yourself First'. The model offered by both are valuable, but as in most plans it is important to have a diversified approach - i.e. not being dependent on simply one approach or methodology for success.
I have been following The Dividend Growth Investor blog. Reason - to understand how individuals can leverage a relatively safe investing approach of compounding dividends from well-managed companies. It too much to summarize, but below is a link to a great post for those with 15 to 20 years from retirement and want to create a supplemental income source to 401K distributions.
Read The Dividend Crossover Point ... highlighting how to create a long term plan to have to create income (dividend income) to exceed living expenses - financial independence!
No comments:
Post a Comment